August 12, 2008

Race In A Cage

Few posts ago, I was mentioning that everything that happens to you - happens for a reason. And it's 100% tested! You won't get the lesson right'away but later on, you will click it. That's how things work. There is no other way, (un)fortunately (still didn't decide if this is good or bad).

... the story begun in Bahrain. After being pranked by my members, after moving to my orange room, after meeting new faces in meetings, bla bla bla... I got a hamster! Yes, a hamster!!! Those who know me - they know that I will freak out when it's about taking care of a hamster or any little thing that looks like a mouse. So, while the present was handed to me I have found the little creature more like a future trouble, rather than a joy.

The thing is that somehow I've started loving this little brute - she eats what I eat, wakes up when I wake up and does not mind me talking to her when I cook. She got her little space in the kitchen, near the window and she doens't look that depressed.

When I went to kitchen to get my cream from the fridge, I turned my head to check how she is - rolling in her little pink wheel, she seamed as always - a dirty happy creature! And ...it clicked me! She was running, running, running... making all that noise and effort, but without no destination... she was in a cage!

You cant race in a cage! Or you can - but it will take you exactly where you already are. You have to break the cage in fact if you really want to face a new destination, a new YOU. You have to leave behind your limits, your borders. Yes! Yes! So simple things....are put in front of me... everyday, but I just don't see them!

With this thought in my mind, I went upstairs to the gym. Fixed my mini radio and I jumped on the tread mill. Pressed the warming button, started walking... while facing the big window, seing a walking Lumi reflected in the glass... While glimpsing far away to Manama's streets after the sunset, enjoying the urban soundtrack... It hit me again!!!

You might walk, you might even run - but you might reach no destination, if you don't break your own limits - your own fears and face the Unknown.

I'm sitting here, in my own cage, running on my own pink wheel and I know your face.... from somewhere. Yes, I do know your face... I just don't know who you are.

No comments: