September 12, 2008

It's All About The Magnifying Glass

After a long day of fasting, my body screams for some exercises and good food. I had for iftar (breakfast) delicious cookies and mini pizza, manaish b zataar, etc. By the way, I fast and I'm pretty proud of the fact that I have managed to stay away from all my vices since Ramadan begun.

Bahrain and the whole Arab world is in holiday - you can feel the difference - a good time for spiritual purification achieved through fasting, self-sacrifice and prayers. People are more welcoming and good food is in every house we're invited to, after magrhib (sunset) prayer. I believe that whoever witnesses the month of Ramadan should fast through it, even if he/she is not a Muslim. It's a special schooling your soul and body goes through and ... I SO much need it. Some people might know why.

One cup of cappuccino, my laptop and an orange room - it's all I need to start my weekend work. I thought I prefer to be left alone, since I'm pretty much of an intrinsic person when comes up to my work, but I ended up without a NO... and with a curious and analytic Tima for a solid-liquid conversation. After ă, î, ț and centimetres, I figured out - it's all about the magnifying glass.

4 comments:

wiseabap said...

You write beautifully Luminata - you have the spirit of a poet. Ramadan Mubarak. We have a muslim colleague in our office in Belfast, and he is helping us all to better understand Ramadan

Luminita said...

That's so awesome! Thank you for your nice words. What is new?!

wiseabap said...

moved offices over the summer, and I am working very hard to keep funding coming in! We are about to start work on the Basque version of WIMPS which should be live by the end of the year. How are things with you in sunny Bahrain? We have had the summer from hell - so much rain! Maybe we could sell some... :)

Luminita said...

I was always wondering... Where is the Rain in Bah'Rain?!
Now I know. ;)