May 28, 2008

Learning Gratitude

There are only 4 hours since I'm awake, but I have cried two times so far. Same reason - two different stories.

Story No 1. It was close to 6 AM when I reached the final page of the book I used to read for about one week (have mentioned it in one of my previous posts). It was literally one of the reasons to wake me up in the early morning (since I cant read during the night - we have about 6 hours long electricity cut-offs).

The End. I know that The End should be impressive, culminate or peaceful and calm. But this book has none of this type of endings. It just makes you realise how fragile is life and how much we should value each moment of being alive. It simply teaches you gratitude and loyalty till last breath. I won't reveal what is the whole thing about, but it's one of the books that definitely impacted me for life and made me be thankful for the people I was blessed with. The day you live is TODAY and plans turn on to be only moments when your life goes on without you, forgetting about the moment.

Story No 2. I was in 208 marshrutka on my way to office. My watch showed 8:50 AM. The sunbeams were into my eyes, while watching the people hurrying to work, school, meetings or shopping. Bishkek looks like a hist in the morning, but it's a lovely view, especially when you get a comfy seat in the back and a wide window. People look happier in the morning, the streets are clean and trees branches are still laden with sparkling dew. The views were shifting in front of my eyes like scenes in a movie with a bad producer, sometimes slower, sometimes faster.

In the multitude of colours and faces, I noticed an individual who was so normal and so different from the rest of us. Dressed appropriately for a working day, with a happy morning face which expressed a blameless peace, he was walking to the buss station. It's just that his ability to make a footstep wasn't for granted as we all got it. I knew he fought a lot for it, although he never told me. And again, I knew that I have a lot to learn from people and their inner power of facing life against its decisions. Again, I was so grateful for what I got and more awareness of how breakable is everything.

2 comments:

5 said...

mmm... sounds very strange :)) but it`s very common feelings in KG...

it`s like in a movie where you have a role... you`re very happy, no problem with everything, joking with your friends but you`ve a "real life" in your head, which is waiting for you after all...

but we still living against to all those barriers...

some days ago I also was in Depression and I wrote my topic Torque of a Silhouette...

hi Lumi, how are you???!!! this was my strange comment to your last topic...

glad to hear news from you :))
do you have any AIESEC teams in Moscow? and if you them would you mind giving their contacts please...

take care & keep in touch

Luminita said...

Hey, Abbas!

Thanx for the comment.
Moments and moments... but there are no ordinary ones. It's so much of learning around, that sometimes I'm scared.

Best!

Ex-president AIESEC in Moscow: maria.baschenko@gmail.com