May 30, 2008

It's Bahrain To Me

I don’t want to forecast it, but rather to do my homework as better as possible. I am prepared for this experience and I know it will be BIG.

Oh, what’s next? What is going to happen with her there? How is she going to change?
I don’t know and I don’t want to know for now.

Made a habit lately of reading Gulf Daily News or just Bahrain Tribune, same as I try to catch up with how people live there, what’s their life about and what is to learn from. The Girl With No Face, Icon, Ammaro, LIB are one of the favorite blogs I use to stop by.

Something that made me reflect upon it:

”[..] although I'm ashamed of this since I'm a Bahraini myself, there is a degree of racial pride and nationalistic attitude among many Bahrainis, both young and old,... which is quite ironic considering that we live in a Muslim country, since the Prophet emphasized that there is no superiority of a white man over a black, nor an Arab over a non-Arab.[...]”

No clue what's my rank. But who cares?!! I know I'm going to love it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lumi! I am sure everything will be fine there with you and with your work.Because you are the person with a strong mind and strong will.

Anonymous said...

Uf finally I have learnt how to add comments. It took me 7 minutes to do it :-) He-he

Luminita said...

As one of my friends said "you live, you learn" :)
Waiting to read your blog soon, Mr Finance! ;)

Ammaro said...

hey look, my name's here! :D

so you're coming soon, i guess? Great! If you need anything, anything at all while you're here, please feel free to ask :) I know a bunch of the Aiesec members here, they're nice people, i'm sure you'll have a great time :)

Luminita said...

Hehe, yes, Ammaro, I'm heading to Bahrain very soon, inshallah!
Thank you for the virtual guidance in Bahrain. Your posts are really helpful.