June 06, 2008

Change The Place, Stay With The People


My watch shows 49 mins after midnight. I look around. I'm in my room - two beds - one of them is empty - Sandra left. One wardrobe - almost nothing inside. All my stuff are packed in my huge red suitcase. A book that I start reading few days ago thrown on the edge of my bed. My notes, prints and some cosmetics on the table. Yellow curtains with flowers guard my glass door of my balcony. I'm the only one awake in the house.

Again I'm browsing through pictures, reading sugarcubes and laughing while remembering moments spent with my members. A mixture of everything: worries, excitement, satisfaction, sadness...

Tomorrow is the last day of me working in AIESEC Kyrgyzstan. Tomorrow is the last day to buy cucumbers from the little outdoor market near my house or ice cream from the "nice girl", as me and Sandra used to name her. Tomorrow is the last day to take 208 or 147 marshrutka and go to Djal, where our office is located. The last day to ask for Ulker biscuits at the university shop and the last day for the Turkish lady to hate me (she never gives me the change back and i'm always the one she serves the last :'). Last day to tease my 5-6 years old neighbours and wink at them while coming from the office, last day to see members all together discussing the projects, last day to say Privet to our always jiggling office fellows... Last... Last... STOP IT!

I'm looking at my suitcase - it's packed with lots of presents I have received from my friends at our last meeting. In the corner of suitcase I can see a green greeting card - "For Lumi". I smile and it feels so fine... No room for being sad. They wouldn't want me sad. It's awesome. Yes, It's damn awesome... the way it feels inside. Thank You AIESEC in Kyrgyzstan for being my "happy by choice"!

No matter how it is for me right now and if im ready or not - there is a ticket bought for my flight on 9th of June, which will take me far, far, far away from all this... It happens again - for the 4th time in my life - another page is turning on...

9 comments:

Асель said...

:) have a safe flight, gal!

Luminita said...

Girl, maybe I will have the chance to meet you in Almaty before my departure!

Асель said...

that would be great!
give me a call +7 701 765 14 52.

Luminita said...

Dap, sure I will!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lumi. It was so nice to read all this. Your words and remembers brought me good and "yes VERY good" memories of my life. Words made me both upset and HAPPY.They made me forget the tiredness( I have just come from the work)and forget about all worries I was thinking about all day long. Since they remembered me that I am one of the happiest people in the world and one of the luckiest @cers, since I realy was and am very happy that I had a great chance to meet an @cer like you, Sandra,Irina and every other member of @ in KG. They made me sorry because you are living our dearest KG, may be we will see each other one day Inshaalah, yes we will meet.I saw the pictures and have been watching the PRO show you made in the Rize Up conferense.Can you PLS send the recent pictures; because, I am realy missing my friends, my dear @ mates. I wish you a safe flight. I beleive that you will do many many good friends in Bahrain, for good peole are never left alone.

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself Lumi.
Good luck to you with your work there (-:

Luminita said...

Azamat, Ulan - good luck with your AIESEC career and don't forget what I have told you when we said e/o "See You" :)

Асель said...

hey gal, how's bahrein? waiting for your impressions!

Luminita said...

Bahrain is awesome! It's gonna be a long post, guys! It's on the way! Damn busy with transition, part II. Miss you, AIESEC KG!!!!