August 04, 2008

Personal/ Professional?!

It's 9:20 AM. I have just arrived in the office. Got my to do list for the day ready & have filled a glass with mango juice. It's time to work! Another working day, after last night I went to bed at 2 AM.

Scenario 1 (2 days ago with my roomie)
- "Are you going to work on Friday?"
- "Um, yes, I really have to finish this. It has to be submitted to AIESEC Intl ASAP, besides... I still have to..."
- " Watch out of your work balance, 7abibte!"

Scenario 2 (last night with a monster)
- "You are not professional"
- "Huh, WHAT?! what do you mean?"
- "Well, sorry, but there is no difference between your personal life and professional life."
- "... this has nothing to do with professionalism!!!"
- "Yes, it has... Someone proffi will always know to separate his personal life matters from his work. ....And stop being a president with me."

Scenario 3 (this morning with an Indian taxi driver)
- "When do you start your work?"
- "9 AM everyday!"
- "Do you work during the night?"
- "Oh, night?!! NO! NO! No night."
- "I meant evening.."
- "NO, I not work evening. Work not finish - people finish..."

... They have a saying in Romanian.. "If three people tell you the same thing, go and do something about it"...

PS. Bond-Explosive is an awesome song to start your day!

No comments: