May 22, 2008

Carte De Jour

It was 7:30 AM when my alarm clock rang. I ignored its annoying sound and continued watching outside the glass door - I was already awake. The morning light was striking gentle inside my room. Still sleepy I went to the kitchen searching for some water in the fridge - it felt as this morning is other kind of.

As I could work from home, I gave up going to office. Made my bed and instead grabbing my laptop, I went on the balcony with my Hemingway book in one hand and coffee on the other one.

For about 4 hours continuously, I have left myself being absorbed by a beautiful love story & pain happened somewhere on the Italian front, in the middle of first war.
A Farewell to Arms caught my attention to the pinnacle and until my eyes were not bushed enough, I didn't leave it aside.

"- Now you're all clean inside and out. Tell me. How many people have you ever loved?
- Nobody
- Not even me?
- Yes, you
- How many others really?
- None
- How many you - how do you say it? - stayed with?
- None
- You're lying to me
- Yes "

Perhaps, this would be the scene played behind the curtain for many of nowadays couples. Wondering how many of readers have found it similar with their life stories or... am I going to identify myself with this scene one day?!

I stopped here with my readings, and I continued relaxing my body in the comfy blue armchair, watching the green garden on the back of the building, while the wind was playing in my hair.

In the evening I went with Sandra at Nelly's invitation to the most beautiful place in Bishkek I had the chance to attend. It's called "Veranda" and I truly recommend it for everyone who is stepping in Kyrgyzstan. It's so much of a soul waving place - up on the last floor of the building with a great view of the city and its guarding mountains, with sky instead of a ceiling.
It reminded me very much of Harissa (Notre Dame Du Liban) in Beirut, where I have spent a lovely March evening with my family. I came back filled with positiveness and taste for rain. And no sleep. Happy moments are to be lived and sleeping is such a waist of time.

No comments: