May 20, 2009

Incognito

I made a whole list of topics that I want to tackle tomorrow, during The Entrepreneurs Forum (a 2 days seminar initiated by Berytech, and Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation here, in Lebanon). I also created a pool of questions about how to develop your business idea, how to put first things first and so on… and I was so excited till I got an insight view of the seminar (while doing my homework).

Coming to the main point, I feel that it’s a big hit and miss for me to be here, in this part of the world: the seminars initiatives are oriented towards Arab youth development, towards Arab enterprises and organizations growth, towards Arab world progress. And it makes sense to be this way. It makes sense to them.

… Yes, yes, I do learn from the features of a new culture, I do get valuable ideas and yes, I do have plenty of moments to rethink my thoughts and plans. But that erosive stubbornness of wanting to do something NOW in my OWN country strangles my excitement and my inner drive. How fortunate are these people who are given the stage to speak and act for their own country or region.

But I have reasons and emotions to keep aside for now. What is left is only an Incognito role. (Grabbing what is left after the big feasts must be a stage of initiation).

After 5 years of experience in a global leadership development organization, I ended up living my dream of experiencing an Arab country. But living here, as per its trends and people, made me thirsty of more expertise, of more know-how and more home ownership.

No comments: