May 18, 2009

Monday Morning Fragment

Today I wanted a home-alone-very-early-morning with a strong, strong cup of coffee. It was only a matter of pushing myself out of the bed before anyone else was awake. My eyes were still glued and my head was utterly dizzy. It was around 7.

I made my bed and turned on the heater. In my tip toes, I sneaked to the kitchen and got my cup of coffee. I went on the balcony. Life was already happening there: the same police cars roving around, the same mix of striking hunks invading the air, the same far-away luring mountains, and the same clumps of people bubbling in the neighborhood.

I took a deep breath of fresh air and checked one more time if the manaish guy opened. A cat, looking as if she had a nightmare, was oddly roaming in front of his store. Not yet. I followed her with my eyes till she took a turn of the garbage trunk. She must have had a blue Sunday.

With an eternal love for mornings, and a U2 track in my mind, I saluted Beirut and went inside to check my mail.

2 comments:

prestidigitator said...

of limuniiiiiiitz, dimineti in camin sau in garsoniera, cu cafea si tigari si balcon cu vedere, cu povesti despre cine si cum si cand si de ce si ce prosti sunt unii, si ce prosti si mai mari sunt altii. nu m-am maturizat inca, si eu mai am o sansa. tu ma mai iubesti? :D

Luminita said...

.. ca'n prima zi, Letzule.